This summer, the four of us worked as interns through University of Michigan's School of Information for the City of Jackson, MI.
- Providing recommendations to update the City website.
- Providing recommendations to address information flow issues to the local Farmer's Market.
- Conducting research to identify needs of citizens in the City. See more by clicking here.
- Furthering action on the DIG Downtown Jackson campaign, which includes implementing an "Activate Jackson" campaign. See more by clicking here.
- Updating the Distressed Property Report website and corresponding database. Learn more by clicking here.
- Completed multiple projects that are now or soon will be in use in the City of Jackson.
- Successfully navigated the hierarchy of City Hall to gather information, gain approval for project proposals, and move projects forward.
- Learned to effectively communicate the importance of our work and understanding the user in designing public systems.
- Remained self-motivated to come up with and accomplish objectives throughout the summer.